• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad faith insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sabine wimmer

What is the name of your state? colorado

the insurance co denied my claim based on the drawing that the officer drew on his accident report. the other driver was issued the violation .the officer said he would talk to the insurance co and answer any question to clarify any misinterpretations that they may have .we have given them all the facts and they refuse to verify them with the officer .
is it legal for an insurance co to deny a claim based on their own speculations ?even when you have the officer ready to tell them that he does not draw motion into his reports?

ALawyer

If it is YOUR insurance company, it may be. If it is the other driver's -- sorry but it usually has no duty to anyone other than its insured, and it need not pay you just because you ask, and you have to prove your claim, perhaps by suing the other driver. If there was any injury, see an auto accidents -- personal injury lawyer.

S

sabine wimmer

to; ALawyer

I cant aeem to find a lawyer that is interested in my situation. Since there is no injury involved only damage to my car $2300.00-1700.00 estimated.Any suggestions? or refer me to someone ?

C

CIAA

Yes, it usually takes an injury to get an attorney. As I understand it, an attorney can't get fees for just a proprty claim.

It sounds as if your best bet is to file in small claims court. However, it sounds as if you should get a good sworn affidavit to support your position. You will need to file agaist the person at fault.

S

sabine wimmer

small claim or appeal

The guy went to court again on this, and decided he better get representation and asked the judge if he could get a lawyer.
this guy has been dragging this thing on since december.Should I file after his judgement, or can I file before .What if he comes clean and pleads guilty, will his insurance have to pay then ?

Sincerely.
Sabine Wimmer

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">