• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad faith suit or ERISA breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scleav00

In June of 2015 I was given insurance cards by Coventry Health Care. I had emergency surgery on June 30th, 2015. Coventry paid all the claims. September 22, 2015 Coventry revoked coverage retro to day 1 of the policy citing the employer never paid the binder check. I am now on the hook for all the bills that were originally paid by Coventry 40k in total. I am no longer employed by that employer as they went out of business around the time of the insurance revocation. There was an insurance broker involved in this as well. My contention is that the third party the employees was never informed of the lack of payment and that our insurance would be cancelled retroactive to day 1 at any point. But now we are responsible for all medical bills issued during that time when we thought, under good faith, that we had valid insurance. I have tried to reason with Coventry but they insist it's my employers problem. The employer is out of business though. Coventry did enter the contract with the employer and in good faith issued the cards to us. So how are they not responsible as well? Per their own guidelines they were never supposed to issue the cards without a binder check being paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">