• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BAD FAITH????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VINNYDEE

I had a rental house burn down and the tenants were responsible. My Insurance Co. paid out the full amount to me but are refusing to pay the code upgrade part of the policy. The entire house was destroyed and must be rebuilt so, I had it demolished and then found out that the county requires me to replace the septic tank and leach lines. This should cost about 10,000 or more.

My insurance company says that if I would have not demolished the foundation I would not be required to replace the septic tank because it would then be considered a repair. This made no sense to me because the whole house was destroyed and had to be rebuilt. The county inspector says he would have had me replace the septic in any event because it does not meet the current code and it was 40 years old. However, the inspector doesn't want to put it in writing and the insurance company wants it in writing and refuses to make a telephone call to verify this.

Do I have a bad faith case if the insuance company keeps delaying and refuses to verify this information??? Or refuses to pay the code up grade portion of my policy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">