• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad insurance policies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CCasper

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
Here is the problem, I have auto insurance with a major company, now I was divorced in 2002 and the ex-wife went to North Carolina. She couldn't get insurance on the car she was awarded in the divorce settlement in NC, she called my insurance company posing as my wife and got herself put back on the insurance policy. The insurance company said normal procedure is to get in touch with me to verify as the main policy holder and get verification of her staus through an ID card. Neither happened and yet they put her on my policy. I caught it when they sent the statement and called them on it and they admitted the mistake. Do I have a strong enough case to take to a lawyer for a lawsuit?

K

knotcops

What lawsuit? Have her removed from the policy. She is the one that committed fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">