• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

richo195

What is the name of your state? Minnesota I sent a photo to a lady friend that I was chatting with on the internet, match.com, I was chatting with too people and they both had smilar email address, one ask me to send her a sexy picture on my web cam, a couple of nude ones and see sent me some, I sent the pictures to the wrong person, we have never meet, she sent me a email saying that she turn over the pictures to the authorities and now was going to do ever thing she could to ruin my career. I have't been able to sleep, it happen friday, how long would it take for me to get serve a complaint or for the the police to come to my house and take my computer ect.....please any advice what I should do and how bad is this crime

stephenk

she is BSing you. there is nothing she can do. did you enclose a letter with the photos? The letter would be addressed to the other woman, right?

R

richo195

no real note

The other person was saying send them and I was saying here they are, not much for conversation. I didn't to tell you the truth no it was her, but I really didn't no the other person that well either, it was on match. com dating thing, I think she could have a case because she didn't ask for them, I sent three, in a row, the other person keep saying are you sending them, and both of there email start with a p....they both go by princess with different numbers behind there name. They letter she wrote to me was so nasty and hate full and I from the sound of it she was serious. I sent her back a note telling her what had happen and beg for forgiveness, no answer, I even let match.com know about the mistake, there legal serivce suppose to answer you back after 24 hrs. they haven't answer me either. makes me worry, can't sleep eat ect....how long does it usually take to know if someone has filed on you? could I be arrested, they were nude photos and I was aroused in them. My face isn't in them and I haven't in meet the other person before, she has my email address, so my isp provider can give out my information, waiting for the cops to pound on my door and take my computer, what a holiday this could be. I push the wrong button. have you ever heard of this

stephenk

no cops will be visiting you for this.

you sent an apology to the woman who received them by mistake, right?

you may want to change your username on match.com just to avoid her.

next time you want to send nude photos, use a dummy email address (hotmail, yahoo) and avoid your regular email address.

R

richo195

thank you

Thanks for the advise, you seem like a smart person. Are you a lawyer? Well she did get several pictures, or different ones in a row, from her response. I hope she will, forgive. I did send her a couple of notes after I got her I will do everythiing I can to ruin your career and go to the police ect....and some degrading type comments. This thing has got me worried, one of the other people on here said I could be in big trouble, seem like he new what he was talking about, sent me his comments broken dowm in legal like form. Said if she chooses to pursue this, I will be in hot water. Mismendor, 500 fine, my name in paper, take my computer and anything else they want, search warrant ect...please let me know if you know of anything else supportive...Thank you.

HomeGuru

Re: thank you

richo195 said:
Thanks for the advise, you seem like a smart person. Are you a lawyer? Well she did get several pictures, or different ones in a row, from her response. I hope she will, forgive. I did send her a couple of notes after I got her I will do everythiing I can to ruin your career and go to the police ect....and some degrading type comments. This thing has got me worried, one of the other people on here said I could be in big trouble, seem like he new what he was talking about, sent me his comments broken dowm in legal like form. Said if she chooses to pursue this, I will be in hot water. Mismendor, 500 fine, my name in paper, take my computer and anything else they want, search warrant ect...please let me know if you know of anything else supportive...Thank you.
**A: what, there were more than one photo sent by mistake? Oh, that's ok, we are not interested.

AmosMoses

richo

Don't sweat that, man...It's not that big of a deal no matter what. Just forget about it, don't go volunteering anything more to her or Match.com, and DO NOT LET HER TALK YOU INTO PAYING HER ANYTHING!!! I read of a VERY similar situation where someone created two similar names at one of these services and acting under them confused some hapless nimrods (no offense intended here!!) into sending some nudies to "the wrong person", and then demanded money to keep from "having them arrested and telling thier significant others, bosses, etc." Sounds VERY similar to me! Hey, how did you come about corresponding with two "princess****"? I bet THEY contacted YOU, huh?!?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">