• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad sub floor under Pergo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elaov

Washington
My husband found us a 4 bedroom home with Pergo flooring. The owners did many fix ups in the house including the Pergo installation. Before we took possession, we had someone go in and repair a bubble in the Pergo. When we moved in and put furniture on the floor, we called the repair men back because there was another bubble somewhere else. They said they can fix this bubble too, but they told the owners that the entire sub floor was put in wrong (1/4 plywood fastened 18 inches apart instead of 6 and in too far) and the problem can keep occurring. The entire sub floor needs to be replaced >$1000. So, the owners knew about the sub floor and let us pay the money to have that bubble fixed when the entire sub floor is bad. We told the owners about it and they refuse to make any repairs. We haven't closed on the house, but I can't move out and lose the money I already spent on application fees, inspection fees, appraisal fees and the good faith money. What do I do now?

A

annefan1000

You mention that the Pergo floors were blistering and surmise that it was installed improperly because your repairman is recommending that there is defective sub flooring underneith? It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.

Since you stated that the owners did the work themselves, and let's assume they're not experts, you might entertain the idea that the owner simply placed the foam underlayment improperly (or failed to install underlayment at all!)

Obtaining a second opinion from a reputable flooring company would be a wise decision. My own humble opinion is that the current repairman has only devised a crafty way to supplement his income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">