• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Baiting a predator to get him arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When posing as the child i wouldnt try to entrap the predator
I'm convinced by history that the last way to reduce the use of anything is prohibition.
But that's always been the way. The answers to most things perceived to be a social ill to ban it or tax it. Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana etc.
Mind you they are moving away from a ban on marijuana and are now taxing it.
If you can't beat em, tax em.

Noneedtoknow

No, i want to expose them for attempting to commit a crime. I dont intend to get them sentenced to any serious jail time, the main goal is to learn more about why they tried to do it, and talk to them without hostility. Not being mean to them. Im aware that they more than likely wont get any jail time, but in a city such as mine, there are alot of sex offenders, and any chance i get to open someones eyes to why what theyre doing is wrong, ill take it. Maybe it will prevent future offenses.
I mean if you are so concerned, why not just become a cop and do it for a living. You need to let the police do their job. You are going to end up getting someone killed.
it is nice that Gage wants to help others. i think Chris Hansen has much more pull than the average joe. I wanted to do something like this in my hometown of Jackson Heights NY. I did go the police station one day. The officer was nice, asked my name. He said that they require some experience or know how in criminal justice. The poster that mentioned insurance costs was correct. they told me aside from experience requirement that it costs a fortune to insure an operation like this plus other start up costs and it was not in their budget. Funny thing, while i was there the officer Google my name i guess to see what came up . i guess my information about my Fraternity reunion came up because he mentioned it. i think there are also strict security clearance requirements too meet and of course background checks. Good luck,
Doesn't sound like this plan worked out well for Chris Hansen. He was just arrested for passing $13,000 in bad checks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna959471

quincy

I mean if you are so concerned, why not just become a cop and do it for a living. You need to let the police do their job. You are going to end up getting someone killed.

Doesn't sound like this plan worked out well for Chris Hansen. He was just arrested for passing $13,000 in bad checks
This thread is from November of last year. Gage has not been back to the forum since the day he created his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">