• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Account Garnished For Wrong Amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GVSU2003

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have a judgement against me for an old CCD. I had previously reached an agreement with the collector on a re-payment plan. I recently missed a payment, and my bank account was garnished. However, the amount that was attempted to be taken was incorrect. (I did not have the amount they were trying to take available in my account). The collector has aknowledged that this was a mistake on thier part, due to a typo filed in the court documents. Do I have any legal grounds against them?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have a judgement against me for an old CCD. I had previously reached an agreement with the collector on a re-payment plan. I recently missed a payment, and my bank account was garnished. However, the amount that was attempted to be taken was incorrect. (I did not have the amount they were trying to take available in my account). The collector has aknowledged that this was a mistake on thier part, due to a typo filed in the court documents. Do I have any legal grounds against them?
No you did not hit the lottery. If they in fact did make a mistake and it cause you any additional money, they will make you whole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">