• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank auto loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ridleel

What is the name of your state? I live in the state of Michigan. Toward the end of last year I initiated a bankruptcy. Due to some missing information the bankruptcy was not concluded. One of my cars was to be included in the bankruptcy. Once the bank found out that the bankruptcy was not going to be completed the bank planned to repossess the car but I contacted them and asked them how much did I owe. The bank representative told me a figure that they said was the payoff. The next day I wired them the figured that told me. That transaction happened in April this year. Mid-August this year I received a letter from the bank stating that I owed them additional money. On the phone I asked the customer service person to mail me what she could to show me how she came up with the figure that she clamed that I owe. She told me that she could not send me information on how she came up with the figure but would send me what she could. In the mail I received from her an excel sheet that only showed payments and stated the last payment was of earlier the previous year. At the top of the excel sheet she wrote the figure that she told me on the phone. There definitely something wrong with this but I am not sure what. I would think that they should be able to send me an explanation on how the came up with the figure that they had. Also I am surprised that if I owed them money it took four months before they would contact me. What can I do about it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">