• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank collection on wrongly repossesed car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



In Nevada;
My car was repossesed by the bank claiming failure to pay.I provided proof from my bank of drafted checks.The lienholder auctioned off the car anyway without resolving the issue.They sent out collection notices and reported it to the credit bureau.They also owe me on a payment made after the car was taken.Can I sue the bank even though they're in Alabama?



Alabama bank

You can sue the bank in Nevada only if they are doing business in Nevada, have certain property there, or if they have employees there. In other words, you can only sue them in a state in which they have a sufficient presence. You can sue them in Alabama.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential