• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank default

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nspanther1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
I have a small business (LLC). Last year I needed to borrow more money ($40,000) from my bank. They had me sign a personal guaranty and a 3rd position mortgage on my home. Business is worse now - what rights do they have against my home should I default?

tranquility

They have full rights against the home. The only limitation is that on sale or foreclosure, they will be paid after the first and second are satisfied.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
I have a small business (LLC). Last year I needed to borrow more money ($40,000) from my bank. They had me sign a personal guaranty and a 3rd position mortgage on my home. Business is worse now - what rights do they have against my home should I default?
It they are in third position the first and second have to be paid first in the event of the sale of the home. Depending on market conditions, there may not be much.

Since you did sign a personal guarantee, they can sue you personally and go after any assets you hold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">