• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank error giving letting someone with same name as me withdraw money from my account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
What is the name of your state? Texas
What can be done against a bank that has let a few things happen. First they let registered my safe deposit box under someone else’s profile with my same name which could have potentially given that person access to my contents there (luckily I went in to get something from there and we discovered the problem), then There was a counter withdrawal from my bank account by someone other then me who is not listed on my account which the teller seems to have filled in the account number incorrectly (now my concern is the other person has my account number), and now two weeks later they took money out of my account again for a counter withdrawal for someone who has my same name but is not me even after we put a note on the account to verify identity properly before withdrawing any funds as this happened once before. So to me either someone at the bank counter just isn’t paying attention and has given $5,313 out of my account or it is being done intentionally. I got my first $1313 refunded to my account, but now $4,000 was taken out just three days ago. I checked the withdrawal slips online and both times the signature is not even close to my own.

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Visit the website for the Texas Department of Banking (located in Austin, Texas) and check the list to determine if your bank is a state-chartered bank. If it is a state-chartered bank, then file a complaint with the Texas Department of Banking.

It may take a few days or weeks for this to be investigated. If you can afford a business law or civil law attorney, it may be better to hire their services so they can put the bank on notice immediately to freeze your account or to do something IMMEDIATELY so that no more funds can be taken out without your authorization. In fact, you should close the account down right now and open another account somewhere else!
Sponsored Ad