• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Juliya37

My relative sent me money from another country and it happened to get at the wrong branch of the same bank now they hold money for two months with no any responds can we file the fraud case against them

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
My relative sent me money from another country and it happened to get at the wrong branch of the same bank now they hold money for two months with no any responds can we file the fraud case against them
Only the prosecutor files criminal charges. All you can do is report it to law enforcement if some crime was committed. But I see no crime here. Fraud involves making false or misleading statements to you in order to obtain something of value from you. That's not what is happening here. It appears that you need to sue the bank to get your money.

quincy

As a note, the state is Texas. This was given in another thread.

Juliya, is the bank branch that is holding your funds in the same city as your bank branch?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What do you mean by "the wrong branch"? If the money went into the correct account then it shouldn't matter what branch handled the deposit. If you are talking about something else, then you need to be more specific.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">