• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Regulations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BadBanks

Bank Robbery!

Bank moved location without notifying customers. Deposits were delayed in posting to my account because of forwarding process by the post office by three weeks resulting in returned check charges and late/return check charges by creditors. Total charges to date are over $800.00 plus the cost to reissue and communicate to my creditors. This has damaged my good credit. Is the the bank in anyway reponsible or liable under North Carolina or federal law to their out of state customers when they move their offices.

11/30/00
New problems with credit card company. The monthy % charge has gone to 23.9% from 11.9% due to the return check resulting in a late monthly payment.

[Edited by BadBanks on 11-30-2000 at 09:10 PM]

D

David J. Miller

I do not know if they are legally responsible but "good business" would require them to reimburse you or lose your business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">