• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank will not come get a foreclosed mobile home or return phone calls.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdumont

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a foreclosed mobile home on my property. The home owner was no relation to me and has passed away. The bank wont come get it or return phone calls. Is there a form I can send giving them "x" date to have it removed or I'll have it hauled off and disposed of? What legal actions can I take? Can I charge them for leaving it on my property?

PayrollHRGuy

Texas Occupations Code - OCC § 1201.217. Manufactured Home Abandoned

(a) The owner of real property on which a manufactured home owned by another is located may declare the home abandoned as provided by this section if:
(1) the home has been continuously unoccupied for at least four months;  and
(2) any indebtedness secured by the home or related to a lease agreement between the owner of the real property and the owner of the home is considered delinquent.
(b) Before declaring a manufactured home abandoned, the owner of real property on which the home is located must send a notice of intent to declare the home abandoned to the record owner of the home, all lienholders at the addresses listed on the home's statement of ownership and location on file with the department, the tax collector for each taxing unit that imposes ad valorem taxes on the real property where the home is located, and any intervening owners of liens or equitable interests.  The notice must include the address where the home is currently located.  If the person giving such notice knows that a person to whom the notice is being given no longer resides and is no longer receiving mail at a known address, a reasonable effort shall be made to locate the person and give the person notice at an address where the person is receiving mail.  Mailing of the notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, to the persons required to be notified by this subsection constitutes conclusive proof of compliance with this subsection.
(c) On receipt of a notice of intent to declare a manufactured home abandoned, the record owner of the home, a lienholder, a tax assessor-collector for a taxing unit that imposes ad valorem taxes on the real property on which the home is located, or an intervening owner of a lien or equitable interest may enter the real property on which the home is located to remove the home.  The real property owner must disclose to the record owner, lienholder, tax assessor-collector, or intervening owner seeking to remove the home the location of the home and grant the person reasonable access to the home.  A person removing a home is responsible to the real property owner for any damage to the real property resulting from the removal of the home.
(d) If the manufactured home remains on the real property for at least 45 days after the date the notice is postmarked:
(1) all liens on the home are extinguished;  and
(2) the real property owner may declare the home abandoned and may apply to the department for a statement of ownership and location listing the real property owner as the owner of the manufactured home.
(e) A new statement of ownership and location issued by the department under this section transfers, free of any liens, if there is evidence of United States Postal Service return receipt from all lienholders, title to the manufactured home to the real property owner.
(f) This section does not apply if the person who owns the real property on which the manufactured home is located and who is declaring that the home is abandoned, or any person who is related to or affiliated with that person, has now, or has ever owned, an interest in the manufactured home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">