• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy/child support-complex issues!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JaBrown

What is the name of your state? Virginia
My question is how will my husband's chapter 13 plan be effected by a child support order? My husband just recieved a summons to appear before the court to determine a child support obligation amount. He has had custody of his 3 children since his divorce 10 years ago, 2 of them have since emancipated, the 15yr old- he gave cutody to her mother January of this year. A little over 2 years ago he filed CH 13 which includes the children as a part of our household. The standard Virginia child support calculator doesn't have a specific place for such things as a CH 13 plan. I'm trying to find out if the Juvenile and domestic courts will even recognize the existing court ordered garnishment/ch 13 plan as a debt and if it will jeoperdize our CH 13 plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">