• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smorr

What is the name of your state? MA

Quick question - claiming bankruptcy - i own no property - no bank loans, i rent, i have three credit cards that are in excellent standing right now, but other old credit cards debts that may force me to file bankruptcy. i'm told if i don't list the creditor, it won't be included in the bankruptcy case - that's fine, but my credit report will show it eventually. will that effect those accounts that are in good standing when it comes time for the company to renew? The three good credit accounts are all with Capital One. They've been good to me in the past. Anyone?

bigun

Wait a minute. If you have a balance on any of those Cap 1 cards, you will be required to list it on your petition. Now, you can try and see if they'll let you reaffirm. I'm sure Cap 1 will agree but, the trustee and judge may not go along.

If there is no balance on the cards, who knows. More than likely they will cancel the accounts or seriously cut your credit lines but, I've heard Cap 1 can be flexible . Other card companies have an automatic black list when they see an account file bk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">