• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bar Fight.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ntorress

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

If a fight breaks out inside a bar and the bouncers/security throw the misbehaved out and my car gets damaged in the process, who is responsible?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dolebot

You file a claim with your automobile insurance company. You'd need to prove that the bouncer deliberately damaged your car - think negligence - to really get anywhere. Here in FL a lot of club employees are independent contractors.

Have you tried talking to the club?

ntorress

I talked to the owner the night it happend and he told me to call him. I havent done that yet because im trying to figure out where i am from a legal stand point. Just by his demeanor, i have a feeling he isnt going to do anything about it.

cyjeff

Take the car to a bodyshop tomorrow and get an estimate and then present the estimate to the owner.

If the owner refuses, get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">