• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Barbed Wire Fence In Residential Area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChristyBez

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alabama

What is the law regarding barbed wire fence in a residential area in Alabama? The neighbor has installed barbed wire fencing all along the property line. Is this legal?? We pulled a cat off this fence yesterday, when it's collar became caught on one of the spikes of the barbed wire, We worry that the same thing will happen to our cat, also for our two dogs since the barbed wire is located on the bottom of the fence as well. When we do our trimming we are always getting cut by the spikes. Is there anything we can do? This barbed wire does not hold any livestock, nor can it ever since it's within the city limits. Thank you for your help

Cjris

Call your local zoning office and ask what the fence statutes are? Your argument holds no water on the cats getting stuck as a chain link fence will have sections at the top that could have the same outcome in that the collar could get caught there as well.

Don't get me wrong I would fight barbed wire in my community as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">