• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bargain and sale deed? when?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


truth is powerful

"respondent shall sign a bargain and sale deed, transfering his interest to petitioner." This is in regards to the real property now owned by myself. There is a no contact order in effect between respondent and petitioner, divorce was final in February. I would like to look into this and seek the matter to be resolved without it costing me to much precious lawer time. Would a letter to the respondents attorney get the ball rolling? Thank You


Senior Member
My response:

Sure. That sounds reasonable.

However, let's assume that you sign the Deed over. Does your name also appear on the Mortgage / Loan contract ? If so, signing over the Deed does nothing to protect your credit when the Respondent fails to make the Mortgage payments. The Mortgage Lender will come looking for you.


truth is powerful

Respondents name is the only one on the mortgage. So far his credit has been respected by me and I have paid the mortgage since 1995. Now I realize that this family may be so paranoid that they havent done that yet, but the mortgage company so far has been unwilling to deal with me without the respondent and obviously THERE HAS BEEN NO CONTACT. They have played games with vehicles owed to me car titles they can fax me copies of and then myteriously loose when they are supposed to turn it over. I want to sell my house before he is released and I am tired of the games that have been going on for years.Again Thanks but I would rather spend my time parenting so any ideas of how to move forward would be very valuable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential