• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

barin' it all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KTLind

I live in California in a room behind a house. I was sleeping without any clothes on there when the cops came in, all male, and thinking I was still asleep proceded to take property from the nightstand next to me. They looked around for a few more minutes and than left. Later I learned they had come to question my boyfriend who they found out in front of the room with our door closed. After arresting him they put him in their patrol car, which was out of site of the room, and searched our residence. Even if they had a warrant, he has to be present correct, and what are my rights? Please help, I only have until Monday and this is my last try to get help

stephenk

what is happening on Monday?

No your boyfriend does not have to be present during the search. Your boyfriend could have given permission to the police to search his and your bedroom.

What were the items the police took? what was boyfriend arrested for? what are you being charged with?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">