• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Based on a true incident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mabus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

Based on a true personal experience:

1) If you go out of state and end up getting a speeding ticket, 2) appear indeed how due in court, 3) dont pay the ticket later after appearing in court, 4) return to, say, your home state, 5) apply for renewing your license or even have your license checked to get into, say, a truck driver school for a CDL... Then you don't have anything to worry about. It shouldn't even show up on driving record in your home state. ;) Hell, if you get your license checked even by the police or federal agents in your home state, it should still not show up as you will see indeed if and when you get investigated for something else. It's either a loop hole, or luck, when you also see first hand what the person this is truely based on experienced yourself.

Anyone know how such can occur where there is no billing you through the courts in your home state over making no payments on, say, speeding tickets in another state? Or know why such a matter doesn't even show up on one's driving record when back in their home state?

The loop hole itself is not illegal and neither is the federal agents investigating doing anything illegal by not seeing to it one pay up for what one didn't ago in some other state, correct? But if federal agents did have knowledge about it, and did not act on it for the law in another state, then they did commit a crime, correct? Then it becomes if the person with such the expierence wants to bring charges against the federal agents for failure to act on knowledge of a violation of the traffic law, the joke is on the federal agents. ;)

By the way, the particular person this is based on happens to have so muct dirt on the state federal agents, that just maybe it was and still is a factor. Hey, the person is "The Luck Child" like in the StoryTeller series.

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

You're trippin!!!

This is good to know, thanks for sharing!

Now that I said that, please put down the peace pipe and listen up for a second...

1) Depending on when your... Oops, I meant depending on when this citation was issued to this particular person, it might not show up on his/her's home state driving record for a while.

2) In fact, depending on what state this particular person received the ticket in, and in light of the way the interstate system of reporting violations between some states is currently set up, it might not show up at all unless (or I should say UNTIL) the system is changed.

Look up "Driver License Compact" which was eventually replaced by the "Non-Resident Violator Compact" and the later was then replaced by the "Driver License Agreement" and you will see that not all states have participated or signed these agreements. Some did, others didn't. Also, these programs mostly reported serious violation like a DUI or a revoked/suspended license... Not simple speeding violation.

3) BUT, what you will start hearing about soon is called REAL ID Act of 2005. A federally mandated act that requires all states to report driver's license information & driving records for everybody. YES, it says 2005, but it has not been fully implemented as of yet.

It will be required to have the program fully implemented by 2011. And YES, it says "federally" mandated but it doesn't mean federal agents are going to be looking at your record and running around trying to collect on simple traffic violation... It just means that unless a state complies, the IDs issued by that state will no longer meet the federal standard required to for proper identification (example: travel by air for example)... But that also means that your driving record with all 50 states will be known to all 50 states. Including your home state.

Point is, if you haven't paid, you eventually will. If your license has not been suspended, it eventually will. And when that happens, and assuming you are pulled over for a simple violation, once they find out your license is suspended, you'll have to pay the original fines plus penalties, in addition to facing a new charge of driving while suspended as well as towing and storage fees for when your vehicle is impounded.

1) If you go out of state and end up getting a speeding ticket, 2) appear indeed how due in court, 3) dont pay the ticket later after appearing in court, 4) return to, say, your home state, 5) apply for renewing your license or even have your license checked to get into, say, a truck driver school for a CDL... Then you don't have anything to worry about.
YET!!!!!!

Hell, if you get your license checked even by the police or federal agents in your home state, it should still not show up as you will see indeed if and when you get investigated for something else.
Let me think here… if someone is being investigated by federal agents, FIRST of all, I highly doubt that a speeding ticket on their driving record would be that much of a concern to them and SECOND of all, that speeding ticket would be the least I would have to worry about… But under the circumstances, neither I nor you have anything to worry about…

Only that particular person does. Right?

Anyone know how such can occur where there is no billing you through the courts in your home state over making no payments on, say, speeding tickets in another state? Or know why such a matter doesn't even show up on one's driving record when back in their home state?
Like I detailed above… Since there is no time restriction as to when to report/share information with a driver’s home state, sometimes these things get delayed through the system but like it or not, eventually, the system will catch up…

The loop hole itself is not illegal….
First, it is not a “loophole”!

And second, it might not be illegal for one state to not report a traffic violation to another state, however, why should you worry about whether they’re in violation or not? Worry about your own violations… HINT: YOU have failed to comply with a court order, specifically, paying a fine that the court imposed upon you. Whether you want to consider that to be illegal or not is up to you… Just be aware of the fact that there is a pretty good chance that an additional penalty is attached to your citation, a warrant could be issued or could have been issued in your name in the state where you were cited. Additionally, and once your home state learns of the violation, they can suspend your driving privilege until you fulfill all obligations to the other state. And lastly, if you get pulled over and there is in fact a warrant out for your arrest, then you will be arrested… Whether it be in your home state, the state where you were cited or the state of confusion that you are living in right now!!!

… and neither is the federal agents investigating doing anything illegal by not seeing to it one pay up for what one didn't ago in some other state, correct?
FEDERAL agents work for the FEDERAL government not for the state and if they were investigating you, Oops, I mean investigating that particular person, then their searches are not limited to one state or another.

But if federal agents did have knowledge about it, and did not act on it for the law in another state, then they did commit a crime, correct? Then it becomes if the person with such the expierence wants to bring charges against the federal agents for failure to act on knowledge of a violation of the traffic law, the joke is on the federal agents. ;)
Yeah, right... The Joke is on them! :rolleyes:

By the way, the particular person this is based on happens to have so muct dirt on the state federal agents, that just maybe it was and still is a factor. Hey, the person is "The Luck Child" like in the StoryTeller series [//QUOTE]

The state federal agents are probably not worried about the dirt that this particular person has on them… But that’s just my guess!

I hope this helps you realize that you can put off the inevitable but eventually, it'll catch up with you and it would cause you more trouble that its worth.

Mabus

I'll let the person read what you say if I come across the person this is based on.

But you know something? The person this is based on has so much luck. Their was a mistake made at the secretary of state where they gave the person FREE thier X endorsement (CDL matter concerning shipping hazorous material). This was after the ticket matter, but before police checks and the big federal investigation. The person this is based on didnt even take the hard test for it, but didn't bother saying the secretary of state made a mistake. Again, the person is the luck child.

Plus, if you thought that in the OP was it, it's an even bigger matter than that that the federal agents did not act against. Makes me wonder just what does the person this is based on got on them???

One think I do know for certain is federal agents check the whole nation about you. So no way does this person this is based on not have something on them.

I dont want to be like Mike, I want to be like this person. Who wouldnt? Whether it's luck or something they have over the federal agents. And I mean with an "s". Not just a single agency. The person this is based on is deep and stands alone against much like it isnt anything much. Swore the U.S. government used the person's speculated tactic against Iran. It is that deep. Who can send such an individual to jail or make war against such? I feel any that try end up messing with forces you know you shouldn't mess with. I dare not mention the person other than "the person this is based on." Who knows? Somthing could happen to me. I dont play with powerful individuals.

kdhohio

Okay maybe it is me. I am going to go to bed and try to read your posts tomorrow because for some reason I can't follow what the hell your saying.

outonbail

Okay maybe it is me. I am going to go to bed and try to read your posts tomorrow because for some reason I can't follow what the hell your saying.
That is because this post is being offered in a secret code by "The person this is based on" If "The person this is based on" wanted you to understand, he/she would have mailed you a secret code de-scrambling ring, in a plain brown wrapper.

I haven't received mine yet either, so until I do, I can't any clarity to the issue involving "The person this is based on"

Personally I believe that "The person this is based on" may be this white bearded, plump guy from the North Pole, who has been dipping into the eggnog a little heavier than usual.

Or not,,,,

I_Got_Banned

I'll let the person read what you say if I come across the person this is based on.
Do you really have to???

I'm kind of beginnign to feel a bit concerned that all this will upset the person this is based on... And the last thing I'd wanna do is to have the person this is based on come after me... I meant no one no harm!!!!

Plus, if you thought that in the OP was it, it's an even bigger matter than that that the federal agents did not act against. Makes me wonder just what does the person this is based on got on them???
Well, if you ever find out... Don't let me know... I already know enough to not wanna know any more

I dont want to be like Mike. . .
I'd ask you "Who's Mike?'
But in all honesty, I don't care to know...

I dont want to be like Mike, I want to be like this person. Who wouldnt? Whether it's luck or something they have over the federal agents. And I mean with an "s". Not just a single agency. The person this is based on is deep and stands alone against much like it isnt anything much. Swore the U.S. government used the person's speculated tactic against Iran. It is that deep. Who can send such an individual to jail or make war against such? I feel any that try end up messing with forces you know you shouldn't mess with. I dare not mention the person other than "the person this is based on."
Oh My GOD!
Federal Agents!! :eek:
U S government!!! :eek: :eek:
IRAN!!!! :confused: :eek: :eek:
This is in fact an international matter and I don't want to deal with matters outside the scope of the U.S. law...

I feel any that try end up messing with forces you know you shouldn't mess with. I dare not mention the person other than "the person this is based on." Who knows? Somthing could happen to me. I dont play with powerful individuals.
Oh,… now you tell me this!

I see what’s going on here… You are trying to distract the "The person this is based on" away from whatever you did to upset "The person this is based on" by bringing in someone else… ME!!!! :eeps:

Then just after you say I’ll let the "The person this is based on", you come clear about ‘powerful individuals that you don’t play with… Thanks a lot!!! :(

I_Got_Banned

I highly doubt that putting it off until tomorrow will help any... Well, I think outonbail has the right idea...

That is because this post is being offered in a secret code by "The person this is based on" If "The person this is based on" wanted you to understand, he/she would have mailed you a secret code . . .
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR TROUBLE??? Because, I am not... so please, whenever you refer to "The person this is based on", then ONLY refer to "The person this is based on" by saying "The person this is based on".

Also, "The person this is based on" doesn’t know about this thread yet… And in all honesty, I hope that Mabus doesn’t show it to "The person this is based on" not because I don’t want "The person this is based on" to benefit from any legal advice that may come to "The person this is based on" via this thread, but because I don’t think "The person this is based on" wants any legal advice… if that makes any sense at all!

I haven't received mine yet either, so until I do, I can't any clarity to the issue involving "The person this is based on"
Maybe that's because "The person this is based on" does not have any issues. I mean "The person this is based on" even has some dirt on the State federal Agents who are investigating "The person this is based on".

Nobody's been hurt...

YET!!!!...

Let's hope we can keep it that way!

Personally I believe that "The person this is based on" may be this white bearded, plump guy from the North Pole, who has been dipping into the eggnog a little heavier than usual.
At first, I thought so too... But if you think about it, "The person this is based on" just applied for his CDL (Commercial Driver's License) and you would think that the plump guy you're referring to has had his CDL since a year or two after 1809. :confused:

Question is, if this were late March, early April, would we be wondering if "The person this is based on" is in reality this plump bunny with a bow tie on his neck?

I hope NOT!!!

kdhohio

Nope, you guys were right, sleep didn't help at all. I must not be on "The person this is based ons" need to know list. It must be because I have been here going on 2 years and still have such a low post count. I read a lot, Mabus. I am learning, therefore I am important enough for a decoder. It must be a conspiracy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">