• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bathroom situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I agree it was embarrassing to have the T worker open the door...but I can understand why they would do that if danno was in there for 15 mins.
I think it is clear that something drew the MBTA’s attention to that restroom and/or to danno.

It might have been a report made to the MBTA by another or others waiting to use the restroom, or it could have been a report made to the MBTA by another or others who thought danno was acting suspiciously prior to him entering the restroom.

The public is encouraged to make reports to authorities if they see or hear something out of the ordinary. Not all reports will wind up having merit.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm in that station twice a day, five days a week. It's a VERY busy station and even a stay of 15 minutes is going to be noticeable and draw concern.

I sent a complaint to the MBTA once. By sheer coincidence and unknown to the general public, a fix to the problem I complained of was already in the works. Two months after I sent my complaint, I got back a response acknowledging the problem and telling me what was about to happen that would keep it from happening again. But I have no doubt that if I had timed things differently and I hadn't complained six weeks before their scheduled fix would be in place, I'd never have heard a word, since I know of other complaints that went completely unacknowledged.

quincy

I'm in that station twice a day, five days a week. It's a VERY busy station and even a stay of 15 minutes is going to be noticeable and draw concern.

I sent a complaint to the MBTA once. By sheer coincidence and unknown to the general public, a fix to the problem I complained of was already in the works. Two months after I sent my complaint, I got back a response acknowledging the problem and telling me what was about to happen that would keep it from happening again. But I have no doubt that if I had timed things differently and I hadn't complained six weeks before their scheduled fix would be in place, I'd never have heard a word, since I know of other complaints that went completely unacknowledged.
Although submitting a complaint might make danno feel better, little is likely to change for him. And based on what was described, little is likely to change for the MBTA employee, either. The employee probably will not be fired or even reassigned. Whatever does or does not happen, danno probably won’t hear about it either way.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Oh, I agree. I am quite certain that I only got a response because they had a fix already in the pipeline. Last summer there were complaints a-plenty at South Station and we couldn't even get a tweet in response.

quincy

Oh, I agree. I am quite certain that I only got a response because they had a fix already in the pipeline. Last summer there were complaints a-plenty at South Station and we couldn't even get a tweet in response.
I imagine there are a stack of complaints made about homeless vagrants in restrooms. :)

Just Blue

Have you ever heard of T employees being called "ambassadors"?

quincy

MBTA Ambassadors are red shirt/jacket third party private workers that the MBTA uses since cutting funding.
I hope you have now filed your complaint with the MBTA and have been able to move on from your embarrassing experience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">