• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Battery in fountain drink

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lisa45719

I need advice on how to sue for harming my health.I bought a fountain drink from speedway I drank almost all of it.well then it started tasting funny.I looked in the bottom of my cup and there was a battery in my cup.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I need advice on how to sue for harming my health.I bought a fountain drink from speedway I drank almost all of it.well then it started tasting funny.I looked in the bottom of my cup and there was a battery in my cup.
Where are you located, Lisa?

What damages have you suffered?

FlyingRon

What harm to your health? Unless you injest the battery, not much is going to happen to you. You can't sue for what MIGHT have happen, only what did.

You can certainly complain to the manager or Speedway corporate. Maybe they'll send you some free drink coupons or something.

Who poured the drink? Most Speedways I've been to are self serve for fountain drinks. Why would anybody else be responsible?

quincy

... Who poured the drink? Most Speedways I've been to are self serve for fountain drinks. Why would anybody else be responsible?
I have never been in a Speedway where the fountain drinks are anything but self-serve, either. And the cups are in dispensers where the cups are stored in stacks that would not allow for a battery (or anything else) to be placed in one.

There is much to question about the "battery in drink" claims made here.

Lisa, you should know that publicly making false "personal injury" claims about an identified or identifiable business can easily get you sued. A business reputation is valuable. Harming that reputation by communicating false statements (without proof of the truth of the statements) is a big and potentially extremely costly mistake.

Last edited:

Lisa45719

Battery

Ctu I am in Athens county Ohio.but I bought the drink in logan Ohio and my dr has been notified of this matter.I am getting headaches and feeling nasua.And to the person that said I better watch sueing. Do you actually think I would of put the battery in there.you are wrong I was by myself and went straight home.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Ctu I am in Athens county Ohio.but I bought the drink in logan Ohio and my dr has been notified of this matter.I am getting headaches and feeling nasua.And to the person that said I better watch sueing. Do you actually think I would of put the battery in there.you are wrong I was by myself and went straight home.
What sort of battery was it, Lisa?

justalayman

AA battery

Did you somehow eat it because unless you did or it was leaking there was nothing harmful. Even if it was leaking it isn't likely there was enough of the materials from inside the battery available to ingest to cause you harm.

Can you explain how you took a cup from stacked cup dispenser and never noticed a battery in the cup?

You have such a high hurdle to prove this was not done by you there is nearly no chance of it being believable.

quincy

AA battery
What you are describing does not seem logical, based on my experience with Speedway's fountain drinks.

The only way for a self-serve drink at Speedway to contain a battery is for the self-serve customer to serve themselves a battery.

I do not see that you have any legal action to pursue against Speedway that would be successful but I do see a legal action that could be pursued by Speedway against you that would have a better chance of success.

But review all facts with an attorney in your area if you think differently.

Lisa45719

Battery

If you all think I put the battery in my fountain drink you are so wrong.the batter. Was in the drink when I got home.my dr is aware of this matter.while you are judging me did you ever think about the ice I put in my cup.I didn't notice till the ice was melting and my drink started tasting funny. Please dont judge with out all the facts. This is a site to get advice not judged thanks

quincy

If you all think I put the battery in my fountain drink you are so wrong.the batter. Was in the drink when I got home.my dr is aware of this matter.while you are judging me did you ever think about the ice I put in my cup.I didn't notice till the ice was melting and my drink started tasting funny. Please dont judge with out all the facts. This is a site to get advice not judged thanks
We can only go on what has been provided us in the way of information.

I still do not see that you have a supportable legal action against Speedway. If you believe otherwise, consult with an attorney in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">