• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BB registration TOS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

webguy

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

Hello, I own a forum on the web.
I want to modify the forum so that my administrators have the ability to read private messages that are sent betwen members if need be.
I want to disclose this information in the registration agreement so as not to violate any privacy rights.
How can I state in the agreement that messages are readable
by the forum staff , without being too obvious or sounding like a snoop and still be legal?

H

hexeliebe

It's your forum and there is no such thing as being too legal. Simply tell your users that any and all 'messages' including those in private chats, will be monitored and the forum owner reserves the right to suspend and deny access to anyone found in violation of forum rules.

Since you run a forum, is the backend a database or realtime conversations like a java server?

W

webguy

Thankyou for the reply.
That the way I see it too, I want to keep everything on the up and up.
It's a php database.

H

hexeliebe

no, it's a php coded site. It's either a SQL, Oracle, DB2 or Access database. :D

W

webguy

:p lol, yes thats correct.
it's php coded and an sql database.

sorry about that, you know what they say, there is no point in being stupid, if you are not willing to show it once in awhile. lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">