• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beaten and Tased by Police but Not Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Although common sense says something about bluetiger and his behavior at the venue attracted the officer's attention, there are rogue cops. It is possible that the officer overreacted to bluetiger's words and bluetiger was doing nothing that could justify the assault.

But, if there are NO attorneys in the area who are willing to meet with bluetiger to discuss the incident, it would appear there is more to the story. The attorneys might want to wait to see if charges are filed against bluetiger.

bluetiger, have you received any medical bills yet for your hospital treatment? Because your injuries were the result of police action, you should be able to seek compensation from the department.

I suggest you file a complaint against the officer with the police department first, then make an appointment to speak with the City Attorney, witness statements in hand.

All facts will matter - and I have a feeling you have left some important facts out of the story you tell here. When you set up appointments to speak with lawyers (and I recommend in-person appointments rather than random calls to assorted attorneys), be totally honest. Do not gloss over your role in the incident.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To be fair to Westside, I believe it was my original misunderstanding that caused the problem to cascade.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Hahaha. I find it hard to hide my mistakes. There is always a Litigator-type around somewhere anxiously waiting to point them out.
He likes doing that, I've noticed... I suppose I've just taped a target to my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">