• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Becoming self employed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

defulio

What is the name of your state? FL

Hi. I am about to move to Florida to set up as a private educational consultant. I was wondering if there is paperwork I need to fill out to do this legally. Any help or information about useful websites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That will depend primarily on your state law. When I became a business consultant I did not have to be licensed, but my partner and I determined that we would be better off incorporating, which takes a lot of paperwork. Since your consultancy will involve education, your state MAY require licensing, but that will be state specific and I don't know what Florida requires. I suggest you contact the state licensing bureau and see what they have to say. You might also want to think about incorporation and business liability insurance - see your accountant and insurance advisor about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">