• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

before I start...where do I start?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalcole

What is the name of your state? GA

My friend died this morning leaving behind a wife and three young boys.

Life insurance is a topic always on the back burner, but today jump started me...I have a girl who I already supprt 100% by myself and need to make sure I do the right thing. I have no health issues and am 36 (she is 9). Self emplyed too and afraid of needles if that counts. The only people I know to ask are sales people...can someone head me in the right direction so I can begin making some calls tomorrow? Or is this too complex of a question...probably, but I thought I'd ask. Much appreciated.

ALawyer

It's no big deal. There are 100s of life insurance companies. For pure death protection, buy 10 or 20 year term life. Dollar of premium to amount of coverage, it's BY FAR the least expensive form of coverage. IF THE AGENT SUGGESTS WHOLE LIFE, UNIVERSAL LIFE OR VARIABLE LIFE, UNLESS YOU HAVE LOTS OF EXTRA MONEY TO INVEST, RUN. You can even buy coverage online, but if the amount exceeds $50-$100k, the insurance company likely will want a blood test to rule out HIV.

There's a huge amount of great information on insurance at
http://insurance.freeadvice.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">