• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

behavior in front of the children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyto 2

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I had a bad situation this morning with my ex. He began calling horrible names infront of our 6 year old daughter. As I tried to drive away he hung on to my car and was banging on the window, continueing to yell horrible things to me. My daughter witnessed the whole thing. I have already called her school to make sure she was okay (how okay can you be after seeing such behavior). I need to know what I can legally do if this happens again? Do I call the police and report it? Do the police have to witness the behaviors? I really hate to take such drastic steps, but I am not sure what else to do. Thanks for any help.

mommyto 2

Well I called the police - was told that since he did not pysically harm me there was little that they could do, suggested I call my attorney. Did that, she is writting ex and his attorney a letter on monday about his behavior towards me infront of the children and that he needs to stop invading my parenting time with the children, (the fight was because he was making demands about what our son would be doing after school today, this is my time, not his visitation).

CJane

mommyto 2 said:
(the fight was because he was making demands about what our son would be doing after school today, this is my time, not his visitation).

Soooo... what actually happened that caused the altercation? What else did the child witness besides dad's actions as you were driving away?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">