• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being a father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmcq132

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I realize that you can not make a father be a father, but is there anyway to get a court order so that i could take a vacation. I have been divorced from the father for 7 yrs. and when asking him for help he says it is my problem because i asked for the divorce. but what he doesn't realize is that he is only hurting his kids. I have now been married for 6 months and when asked him to take his kids so that we could go on our honeymoon he just says he will see what he can do. I need to know if there is any legal action i can take. he has been a father when he wants to.

Bloopy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I realize that you can not make a father be a father, but is there anyway to get a court order so that i could take a vacation. I have been divorced from the father for 7 yrs. and when asking him for help he says it is my problem because i asked for the divorce. but what he doesn't realize is that he is only hurting his kids. I have now been married for 6 months and when asked him to take his kids so that we could go on our honeymoon he just says he will see what he can do. I need to know if there is any legal action i can take. he has been a father when he wants to.
Why would you want to leave your children with anyone who doesn't want them and is resentful of the circumstance? Why would you FORCE someone to be with them?

Take a cruise with child care availible. Make nice with folks from church...

Isis1

OR...do you have a family friend that could take the kids and have them available for dad when he wants them?

a long term babysitter? college kid earning child care credits needing the extra cash?

come on now....you really think some jackass who is still angry over a divorce is really going to help you out to go on a romantic getaway with another man?? use some common sense lady!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Or how about the family of one of the kid's friends? Family?

Seriously, there are so many options available that you can't realistically blame your lack of a vacation on your ex.

psubaby08

i think blood relatives or really close family friends are always best to watch your kids in the event that the parents can't. if you're okay with hiring and outside sitter, there is a website Sittercity: Find Babysitters, Nannies, Pet Sitters, House Sitters, Senior Care, Tutors and More users can post that are looking for babysitting/nanny jobs and people can post up their info. when searching for one. i used to use this website in freshman year of college to get few extra bucks and it's a really good site that makes sure there are references and everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">