• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being accused of $ theft @work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

half_life

I was recently suspended on suspicion of monetary theft at my work. We use a computer cash register at my work with our own log
number and password. There's a total of 4
people in my work area. We all know each other's code plus the supervisor had mine
and another clerks #'s & passwords written
and left to be seen by others, for cash
register transactions. We've taken money out
(Refunds) for lunches and things that the employees buy for the business instead of
using an expense report. The company has
logs of the transactions and mostly under
my log in #. I'm being accused of taking
36K. They have no evidence of actually
seeing the money being taken away (no cameras) but they have it on paper. If the
other employees and myself told them that we
knew each others codes especially the supervisor had given us hers to authorize
transactions, can they still accuse me. Plus
we had several other people being trained through the last couple of years. I don't know what to do. They have set up a meeting
with my union rep and myself to conclude the ordeal. They've ended the investigation and
I'm the only one not back at work. what does this mean? I understand maybe termination but can they prosecute me with little evidence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">