• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being denied visitation with my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyof4

Thank you so much Onebreath. It sounds like you really do understand. I appreciate your advice and intend to take it as well as alot of other advice I have received from this forums suscribers. Also, Thanks for the advice on the Paralegal, another thing I had not thought of.

Proud_Parent, Thanks for the comment on what I should say to the judge. I don't want to sound over emotional and it is hard not to try and explain things when one is feeling attacked. I believe your suggested responce does not only suit my purpose, but, in a more rational frame of mind I would be able to come up with something similar, even though it would be missing a few things that you have included and without near your eloquence, because it is the truth from my view. I really do appreciate your wording of the comment.

I have copied all of the wonderful advice and information from both of you and the others as well. I know that regardless of my interpretation of some comments made, you were all trying to help and I feel that it will do nothing but strengthen my chances of obtaining what I think is best for my daughter, which is to have a strong relationship with both sides of her family. Making her life fuller with love and presence of each parent, I have always believed was in her best interest, and hope to prevail in this task.

Again, Thank you all so much.
Very nice response.:)

Feel free to ask for more specific advice as needed. Sometimes it is hard to actually understand what is being told to you, especially when your emotions are running rampant.

Kudos to you for actually 'hearing' the advice you have received.

***PP...great paragraph.

wileybunch

Again, Thank you all so much.
You're welcome. :) I'm glad that straight talk and and advice was helpful and got you on your way. proud_parent's statement to the judge WAS right on -- judge's don't need to hear any more than that when appearing in front of them, they will simply lose interest in what you're saying if it's any more verbose or w/excuses that aren't here or there are this point. They will ask you more if they want to know. Good luck!

proud_parent

I have copied all of the wonderful advice and information from both of you and the others as well. I know that regardless of my interpretation of some comments made, you were all trying to help and I feel that it will do nothing but strengthen my chances of obtaining what I think is best for my daughter, which is to have a strong relationship with both sides of her family. Making her life fuller with love and presence of each parent, I have always believed was in her best interest, and hope to prevail in this task.
Brava! THAT'S the attitude that will help you put a stop to the spiral.

You know, it's not a sin to overreact...or to feel discouraged, or to make poor decisions. Whatever you do NOW to work through issues so that you can be calm and focused in the courtroom will reap rewards in the future.

Do allow in your plan for the possibility that counseling may be helpful for you and/or daughter, as someone has previously suggested. The effects of alienation (when it is truly present) are insidious and long-lasting. If this is indeed something you are up against, don't discount it as just another hurdle; it is a minefield. Go in cautiously and with eyes and ears wide open.

Again, you are welcome. Thank you for your gracious acceptance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">