• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Forced to Pay Back Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vaughtl

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have had health insurance coverage through my employer since February. From February through the end of September, they neglected to deduct my insurance contribution from my paycheck. At the beginning of October, I was notified that I owed 15 pay periods of back insurance. Now, they are deducting 1.5 times my contribution until I have paid for the back insurance contribution. Do I legally have to pay the back contribution if my employer neglected to deduct it from my paycheck for 8 months? If so, at the rate I am paying it back, it will take 16 months to pay in full. If I leave that job before all of the back insurance is paid, will I then owe them the remainder of the back insurance contributions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">