• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being ignored by United Healthcare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pacman

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Oregon

United Healthcare processed some of my health insurance claims for last year as though my doctor was out-of-network, which was not true. Although the doctor did relocate just down the street, he was continuously in-network. At first, the doctor's office tried to resolve the issue, buy UHC denied them and told them they could not appeal again. So the doctor's office asked me to appeal, which I did. UHC said that they would respond within the time alloted, but they never did. I have gone through repeated cycles of writing and calling them, with them always saying that they will respond, but they never do.

I can't understand how they can just ignore me like this. After a full year of riding this not-so-merry-go-round, I contacted the Oregon Insurance Division, which has yet to respond to me. I am beginning to think that I should get a lawyer to help resolve this, but since it would only cost me about $300 to just pay up without resolving this properly, I suppose that it wouldn't be worthwhile to get a lawyer. I also suppose that UHC is betting that I will just give up for that very reason.

I don't want UHC to get away with this, but what else can I do? I have also tried to get help from my employer, but I can't even locate our HR people, since I work for a huge company. Any advice, please?

C

CIAA

While your State Department of Insurance should help, regulation and enforcement of employer benefit plans is through the U.S. Dept. of Labor, not the state insurance department. Complain to the D.O.L. and follow up with the state department in the meantime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">