• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Nice Doesn't Pay !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

landladymd2024

Hi,
im a landlady in maryland,
property newly renovated House very nice, had a family came to me with past "failure to pay rents", from an apartment complex, so i told them ok i will give them a 6 month lease, if they do well, i will extend it another 6 months, with 2 months sec deposit, well,... they did teh frst 6 months , when i gave them the second 6 months, they paid one month and stopped.i have a court date for failure to pay rent , they also have several violations within teh past 2 months, from my HOA community
- unkept front yard ( not cut or groomed) its in the
lease
unauthorized person living in the house not on lease (lease breach)
-unpaid august rent ( court date next week)
- hia other violations, trespassing and their kids destroying other property ( i cant make this up)
its stresful and prefer to end their lease if i can , it ends january 5, 2025,, any advice is helpful..
-

Last edited:

landladymd2024

sure ,, please ask me what you need
Hi,
im a landlady in maryland,
property newly renovated House very nice, had a family came to me with past "failure to pay rents", from an apartment complex, so i told them ok i will give them a 6 month lease, if they do well, i will extend it another 6 months, with 2 months sec deposit, well,... they did teh frst 6 months , when i gave them the second 6 months, they paid one month and stopped.i have a court date for failure to pay rent , they also have several violations within teh past 2 months, from my HOA community
- unkept front yard ( not cut or groomed) its in the
lease
unauthorized person living in the house not on lease (lease breach)
-unpaid august rent ( court date next week)
- other violations, trespassing and their kids destroying other property ( i cant make this up)
its stresful and prefer to end their lease if i can , it ends january 5, 2025,, any advice is helpful..
-

You are going to have two choices to get them out.
1) Eviction - which may be time-consuming and expensive, Google tells me the lease will expire before you can evict.
2) Offering cash for keys - pay them to leave

It may not be the answer you are looking for..

landladymd2024

You are going to have two choices to get them out.
1) Eviction - which may be time-consuming and expensive, Google tells me the lease will expire before you can evict.
2) Offering cash for keys - pay them to leave

It may not be the answer you are looking for..
i appreciate your response , thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">