• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued for a hardwood floor installed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beachbug

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NC
I installed a laminate flooring on top of vinyl after telling home owner and company that it wouldn't work. They supplied the glue.
then the glue seep through , which it does and we couldn't remove it, the manufacture recommededa certain brand to remove the glue. then the finish was messed up, then the manufacturer sent us finish to recoat the floor. The customer was un happyand wanted it removed. The floor business we subed from is now suing us. Meanwhile they took retainers out for 2 years for this problem and also held a check on another job that had nothing to do with this. Now the Company I subed from is suing me for damages. What can I do??

JETX

"I installed a laminate flooring on top of vinyl after telling home owner and company that it wouldn't work. "
*** Simply, show up in court with your written release of liability (signed by the owner and the company) that you got when they insisted that you install the flooring against your recommendation. You did get one, didn't you???

B

beachbug

No, we did not get them to sign anything after telling them

JETX

Then you have a HUGE problem. Simply, you agreed to do work that you knew shouldn't be done.... and now have no way to release yourself from your agreement.

B

beachbug

The company took out a retainer for 2 years to cover for any problems with a floor, so why are they now wanting more? Plus they held a check for over 700.00 on another job right before I quit, now 5 months later they are trying to sueor put lien on home. If I am incorp. can they do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">