• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued for credit card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? massachusetts

I came home one day to find a court summons taped to my door- debt from 94-
I am not sure what to do with this? how do I reply to some of the false allegations they are making against me? I don't have the funds to pay back a lump sum of 4 thousand they are looking for, plus they want lawyer fees as well-this is the only debt I carry- I have no other credit cards- and have not used this card since 94???
Thanks,
Concerned and Distressed-

JETX

I came home one day to find a court summons taped to my door- debt from 94-
I am not sure what to do with this? how do I reply to some of the false allegations they are making against me? I don't have the funds to pay back a lump sum of 4 thousand they are looking for, plus they want lawyer fees as well-this is the only debt I carry- I have no other credit cards- and have not used this card since 94???
If your post is accurate, the SOL (Statute of Limitation) in Massachusetts is six years and the debt is no longer enforceable.
Your response to the lawsuit should be a 'Denial and Motion for Summary Dismissal' based on the affirmative defense that the SOL has expired.

Go to: Why Chat's Credit Confusion -How To Answer A Lawsuit

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">