• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued for mothers credit card balance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nancyc

I live in Alabama, on 6/19/97 my mother requested that i be taken off her acct as an authorized user & put her then fiance on the acct. She faxed a letter of request that i had to sign. In March of 98 my mother was paralized & lost every thing she had, job, home, car, credit, pet. In sept. 99, i discovered 2 charged, sold accts on my credit file. I disputed this with the credit reporting agency, am south bank and associates national bank. Am South sent a letter of apology & had it removed from my file. Associates National stated it was mine even though they had purchased the acct from Am South, the originator of the card. On 7-24-00 Assoc. National sold the acct to Mid First Bank, who is now sueing me. I have faxed all letters & correspondence to Mid First & they say that these are not the same acct's because of the last few #'s of the acct. #. I have documents showing the dates Am South sold to Associates & where Associates sold to Mid First. I do not have an attorney. Do I dare go to court without one?

N

nancyc

Thanks for the advice! After my post I received a fax from the attorney for the bank & they are dismissing the suit. I went to court any way. I requested a letter of dismissal. The judge stated he would have one sent to me. I will then send a copy of that letter to the credit Breau. I HOPE this will finaly be resolved!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">