• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being understanding adopted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LittleRed0880

My friend was adopted by her birth mother's sister however she is over 18 and wishes to terminate that adoption as she isn't involved in her life since she was 16. In Wisconsin how does she go about that? She has someone she would like to adopt her and wants to as well. Would her adopted mother have to sign anything? We don't know where she is?

Just Blue

My friend was adopted by her birth mother's sister however she is over 18 and wishes to terminate that adoption as she isn't involved in her life since she was 16. In Wisconsin how does she go about that? She has someone she would like to adopt her and wants to as well. Would her adopted mother have to sign anything? We don't know where she is?
Please have your friend join so we may assist her. If is much more productive to deal directly with the legal party. Thank You...

LdiJ

She would need a consult with an adoption attorney in Wisconsin. It does appear that adult adoptions are permitted in Wisconsin (not all states permit them) but an adoption is not a DIY project and an attorney will be needed. The attorney will be able to tell you if the current legal mother has to be notified.

xylene

You friend needs counseling to help work through the pain and trauma.

While adult adoption is a good thing, she should be prepared for the emotional realities of the situation and that legal paperworkaalign won't bring healing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">