• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Believe it or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
from July onwards lots of changes will hit the existing no-fault auto insurance law including giving Michigan drivers a choice in their level of PIP coverage. also, the new plan lets drives choose from up to six options for Personal Injury Protection coverage.
Right - just as it was explained in post #4

quincy

One thing not mentioned yet is that uninsured drivers will not be penalized for driving an uninsured vehicle for another 60 days. They were given 90 days from the new law’s effective date (July 1) to find affordable insurance and the health insurance necessary to make the car insurance more affordable.

PayrollHRGuy

One thing not mentioned yet is that uninsured drivers will not be penalized for driving an uninsured vehicle for another 60 days. They were given 90 days from the new law’s effective date (July 1) to find affordable insurance and the health insurance necessary to make the car insurance more affordable.
Remind me not to drive anywhere near MI until October. I wonder if they will be penalized if they are caught in another state without insurance?

quincy

Remind me not to drive anywhere near MI until October. I wonder if they will be penalized if they are caught in another state without insurance?
Driving uninsured in another state? I don’t know how any other state would handle it.

The reason for the 90-day allowance is Covid-19, which is making pretty much everything in Michigan more difficult, including renewing driver’s licenses, getting plates and registration, applying for medical insurance.

The Secretary of State offices in Michigan, for example, are open by appointment only and the appointments are way behind schedule.

If you have driven in Michigan at any time in the past, you would have been sharing the road with numerous uninsured drivers. The new law should reduce this number.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My employee does not seem concerned with the information, at least not as of yet.

quincy

My employee does not seem concerned with the information, at least not as of yet.
That’s good to know. It shouldn’t be a problem, other than the insurers learning the intricacies of the new law.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Appreciate all the help. If anything more comes up, I'll let you know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">