• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Belize if you please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ezmarelda

How many roads must a man walk down
Before they call him a man
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand
How many times must the cannonballs fly
Before they are forever banned
The Answer, my friend, is blowing in the Wind
The Answer is blowing in the Wind

How many years must a mountain exist
Before it is washed to the sea
How many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free
How many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see
The Answer is blowing in the Wind

How many times must a man look up
before he can see the sky
How many years must one man have
before he can hear people cry
How many deaths will it take till he knows
that too many people have died
The Answer is blowing in the Wind​

sorry...(as usual)... it just seems like everybody is a bit high-strung the past week or two...:eek: I have been told my singing has a soothing calming effect;)

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

I have a dinner party on one of the 'outer' isles tonight I have to get ready for. I'll check back tomorrow morning.

However, you should know this. If the other party lives in California, it would be a simple matter for him/her to file a petition in arizona for lack of service and lack of jurisdiction. Then you would be required to serve that party according to the rules set for California.

In fact, I'm not so sure a petition in california wouldn't serve the same purpose.

fairisfair

does the other party live in Arizona or not? and if not, for how long?
yes, the other party lives in arizona, and has lived here I am thinking forever (over 40 years) No CA law involved here at all. You just got me worried that I did the service here wrong. Not to get off on a tangent, but, it does seem strange, that you would have to have someone else mail the service, whatever state you are in. I mean, you don't even sign anything, (at the post office that is) I don't see how they would know who mailed it and who didn't.

fairisfair

I have a dinner party on one of the 'outer' isles tonight I have to get ready for. I'll check back tomorrow morning.

However, you should know this. If the other party lives in California, it would be a simple matter for him/her to file a petition in arizona for lack of service and lack of jurisdiction. Then you would be required to serve that party according to the rules set for California.

In fact, I'm not so sure a petition in california wouldn't serve the same purpose.
Have a lovely evening Belize. I am sure you will be looking quite dapper!!

Azmom

I live in Az as well. When I filed my response to his petition, they stamped it and left it up to me to get it to him.

Choices were..1.process server 2. U.S. post office 3. Hand deliver

I only had to sign that I would get it to him. It is true that when you do it by U.S. mail or self deliver you do not have a service receipt, as you are not required to file anything stating that it has been delivered.

fairisfair

what was the name of the exact form you used to file the action BEFORE performing the service?
answer/response to a motion/petition to modify child custody/parenting time. I filed a crap load of other stuff at the same time, Affidavit regarding minor child, Parenting class certificate, and a bunch of other stuff as well, but the affidavit regarding service was a part of the answer/response form, you actually signed it when the papers were filed, and in front of the clerk of the court, then they gave you the certified copy to do the mailing

While you are being so kind as to answer questions, it has been filed now for 60 days (today) with no response from him or his attorney, and no court action either(except for being filed and placed on the docket). Wondering why.

fairisfair

I live in Az as well. When I filed my response to his petition, they stamped it and left it up to me to get it to him.

Choices were..1.process server 2. U.S. post office 3. Hand deliver

I only had to sign that I would get it to him. It is true that when you do it by U.S. mail or self deliver you do not have a service receipt, as you are not required to file anything stating that it has been delivered.
That is what happened with mine as well, I do have a service receipt, as there was no way I was going to just send it in the regular mail, but I was not required to provide it to the court. Only to sign, in front of the court clerk, regarding my promise of service.

BelizeBreeze

While you are being so kind as to answer questions, it has been filed now for 60 days (today) with no response from him or his attorney, and no court action either(except for being filed and placed on the docket). Wondering why.
Because it was in answer to his Motion, which, as I stated earlier, does not require service. I suspect you are confused with 'service' and providing proof to the court that you have delivered your answer to the summons.

In any case, he nor his attorney, is required to answer your answer. Unless you want this to drag on forever. IF there are disagreements or arguments to be made based on your filed response, those will be issues the court can deal with.

ezmarelda

Quack

ah, eme, you are a silly little duck!!:)
Rubber Ducky, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you;
Woo woo be doo
Rubber Ducky, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true!
Doo doo doo doo, doo doo
Every day when I
Make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yellow and chubby
Rub-a-dub-a-dubby!
Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.
Every day when I
Make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yellow and chubby
Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber ducky, I'm awfully fond of -
Rubber ducky, I'd like a whole pond of -
Rubber ducky I'm awfully fond of you!
Doo doo, be doo​

fairisfair

Because it was in answer to his Motion, which, as I stated earlier, does not require service. I suspect you are confused with 'service' and providing proof to the court that you have delivered your answer to the summons.

In any case, he nor his attorney, is required to answer your answer. Unless you want this to drag on forever. IF there are disagreements or arguments to be made based on your filed response, those will be issues the court can deal with.
Thanks BB. Fortunately, for me, forever is almost over. My daughter will be 18 next year. I feel that the whole custody/ parenting time regarding a 17 year old, who he has not seen since she was 2, is just a manuever by his attorney to make dad feel like he got his money's worth, since he lost badly over the child support/arrears issue. I guess the best thing is to just wait to hear from the court, and hope that I don't.;) :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">