• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench decision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robing70

I received a fully favorable bench decision in November 2018. I have just been notified that a new ALJ wants another hearing. I am not receiving any benefits right now and new hearing is not until the end of June. Can they do this? Why would this happen and do I have any recourse?

quincy

I received a fully favorable bench decision in November 2018. I have just been notified that a new ALJ wants another hearing. I am not receiving any benefits right now and new hearing is not until the end of June. Can they do this? Why would this happen and do I have any recourse?
What is the name of your state?

adjusterjack

And what disability benefits are you talking about? Social Security, state, a private policy?

Each would likely have a different set of rules.

quincy

All ALJ decisions are posted online so you might get a clue by looking up your case.

Last edited:

Robing70

I’m in Massachusetts. When I log in to my social security it just says hearing June 27, it says nothing about her decision from Novrmber.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">