• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nursebeth

What is the name of your state? KY
About 5 years ago I had a check returned from the bank and at the time I was ill and did not get the check paid. I received a notice to appear in court. I made the assumption that this was like a traffic ticket and if it was paid before the court date I wouldn't have to appear. I paid the check and never thought another thing about it.
I had a background check done and it says that I'm a fugitive - because a bench warrant was issued when I didn't show up for court.
I'm a nervous wreck and I don't know what I should do!

HomeGuru

nursebeth said:
What is the name of your state? KY
About 5 years ago I had a check returned from the bank and at the time I was ill and did not get the check paid. I received a notice to appear in court. I made the assumption that this was like a traffic ticket and if it was paid before the court date I wouldn't have to appear. I paid the check and never thought another thing about it.
I had a background check done and it says that I'm a fugitive - because a bench warrant was issued when I didn't show up for court.
I'm a nervous wreck and I don't know what I should do!
**A: go to see a criminal law attorney.

H

hexeliebe

Take a chill pill and call me in the morning!

Is there a question in there?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">