• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bending over for ASSet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marcumw

What is the name of your state? IL

I guess I fall into the low-hanging fruit category.

I decided to settle with ASSet (50% of original debt) after they served a citation on my employer (In Illinois it's called a "Citation to Discover Assets to Third Party"). That court date is April 5th.

But before I send them a dime, I requested a letter stating that the account will be considered paid-in-full and that they will not proceed with a wage garnishment. Their terms insisted they get the money by March 31st.

My main reason for settling was so the owner of my company (it's a small firm) doesn't have to go downtown. Do I have to go to court and prove that the original judgement has been settled? Or is it likely that ASSet will contact their attorney and file to dismiss the citation themselves?

Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">