• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficary law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Murdice Sims

If your eldest sibbling is name beneficary of a insurance policy and was told by the deceased parent she was to share equally with sibblings.
Legally what can be done when she keeps the entire
inheritance.

My mom Owned a business and her intital investment was divided among all sibblings.My mom said she had a will My sister took all her papers and said
she didn't find a will. Legally would my brothers
and I be entitle to our share?

Last edited:

D

Donna32669

Beneficiary

The life insurance beneficiary designation should have contained this clause; did you check with an attorney to help you find out about a will, if one was filed? I really think you need one. Good luck. Sorry I can't be more help. Anyone?????

ALawyer

If there were assets, absent a Will the value would be divided equally among the children.

As for the insurance proceeds -- they go to the named beneficiary, and while you could claim that they were to have been held in trust for all, and thus shoul dbe split, that's a tough case in most states. Speak to a lawyer in your area and the lawyer may say forget it or go for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">