• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

beneficary rights to foreign life policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geovegas

I live in Nevada. Earlier this year my grandmother who lives in France passed away. My siblings were named as beneficiaries to a life policy she had. We don't speak French, and my uncle is the "go between" with the French solicitor (attorney), we have sent over copies of birth certificates as requested. Any idea how long this should take? we haven't heard anything a uncle isn't very assertive in this situation. Would monies be converted to US dollars by them, or would we receive a foreign check? Is the rate calculated at what it was when the policy was purchased or now?

Dandy Don

What country was grandmother a citizen of?

These are questions you can ask the insurance company if you can get that information from uncle. You can ask the insurance company to issue the check from a bank in US dollars or wire transfer the money directly to your bank account.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

geovegas

Grandma was a French citizen. I am asking the questions because apparently uncle isn't asking these questions of the attorney. I was hoping to get answers elsewhere so then we can prompt him to further the attorney along. The uncle is the only one here who speaks french.

Dandy Don

Your options are to sit back and do nothing, or ask uncle for the insurance company information and the solicitor attorney's address and phone number and ask the questions yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">