• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary but don't know what company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

universeron

I am supposedly named as beneficiary by my Uncle but have no idea as to company, policy, etc. He lived in IA and died in CA. Is there a way to search by beneficiary???

ALawyer

No. BUT if he was employed by or retired from a large corporation, that company probably provided group life insurance benefits. Check with it. Ask the executor of his estate if there were any life insurance policies in his papers. If not, ask the executor to go thru the checkbooks as, he may have been writing premium checks to the company every month or quarter or year.

U

universeron

Thank you. My problem is complicated by the fact that my Uncle's estate was in a revocable trust. The lawyer handling the trust maintains strict confidentiality. All I know is that I am beneficiary to a "small life insurance policy". The trust laywer in CA knows the details. Does he have to reveal that to me??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">