• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Widow123

What is the name of your state? MD

My husband changed the beneficiary of his life insurance to his daughter one week before he passed away. I was the beneficiary for many years only to find after his death that this was changed without notifying me. I feel that his goal in life was to take care of me after his death and we paid the premiums together. We were on the (outs) and I feel that this was done to spite me. On what grounds can I contest this? I feel that I deserve this money and would like to recover it if possible. Thanks for the help

Dandy Don

Sorry--you are out of luck on this one--husband has the right to decide who he wants to get his money. Surely he had other assets and aren't you getting something from his estate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">