• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary new wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flpamom

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My daughter's boyfriend's father died this past weekend.

The father remarried at the end of August of this year, and evidently the beneficiary information was changed on his 401k and Life Insurance to his new spouse.

This spouse lives in Ohio, and has never lived in the father's home, although she did a recent change of address with the post office.

Can the children contest this distribution? Do they have any chance of success? The children are convinced she married him because he had money and was in ill health.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

flpamom said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My daughter's boyfriend's father died this past weekend. The father and his two adult children all have muscular dystrophy.

The father remarried at the end of August of this year, and evidently the beneficiary information was changed on his 401k and Life Insurance to his new spouse.

This spouse lives in Ohio, and has never lived in the father's home, although she did a recent change of address with the post office.

Can the children contest this distribution? Do they have any chance of success? The children are convinced she married him because he had money and was in ill health.

My response:

The children don't stand a chance.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">