• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary Wording

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PTJANICE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
A life insurance policy that belonged to my father (he died in 1978) recently came to light. The beneficiary was my mother (she died in 2000) or any living children. This policy was apparently purchased before they divorced. My father remarried and I have 4 half-sisters. Would they also be entitled to proceeds from this policy (don't know amount yet) since they were not products of my mother and my father?

Dandy Don

Have you discussed this with the insurance company?

The check is going to be issued to your mother's estate.

Did your mother leave a last will and testament that was probated in court?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

JustAPal00

Since it says "or any living children" I would say it won't go to your mom's estate. It will go to any biological or adopted children of your fathers.

Betty

Agree. Since says "or any living children," will not go to your mother's estate but to any living children of your father equally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">